2017 Ford GT Specs: Ford's new GT supercar was the most iconic revelation of 2015 and it took the 2015 North American International Auto Show by storm that took place in Detroit. And although we know its basic specs, we were hungry for more about the 600-plus-hp sports car's juicier details. The 2017 For GT Car has seen just one year of development work so far and yet the final car is due next year. Most probably 2017 end to 2018 beginning is going to be the release date of the much awaited car. Here we will mainly be talking about 2017 For GT Specifications aka Features. So keep on reading!!!
The car is going to be one of the fast cars but not in any intention to be one of the top speed cars. That's hyper speed in the car world. Ford's global performance vehicle chief engineer Jamal Hameedi told how his team is targeting "the best power-to-weight ratio." Now let's jump into the serious thing, and talk about the upcoming 2017 Ford GT Specs in a much detailed manner.
2017 Ford GT Specs, Features (Innovation and Beyond)
- The GT's EcoBoost twin-turbocharged, direct-injected 3.5-liter V-6 engine shares far more with the EcoBoost six in Ford's Daytona Prototype LMP2 race car than it does with any roadgoing Ford engine.
- With more than 600 horsepower, the GT's V-6 earns the awesome "Powered by Ford" branding. According to Ford, "the GT will exhibit one of the best power-to-weight ratios of any production car"
Ford GT is winning the hearts with the extraordinary styling of the body. The windshield of the vehicle is made of Gorilla Glass that is manufactured by Corning, which is used for smartphone screens too. It seems like 2017 Ford GT Specs are simply insane.
- Gorilla Glass is used to reduce the weight of the vehicle by allowing for a thinner windscreen with the same strength.
- The GT's rear spoiler is full of tricks, including an air-brake function.
- The wing can both rise vertically and tilt, its horizontal surface angling upward to capture extra downforce and drag when needed.
- The state-of-the-art chassis is interchanged by an active racing-style torsion bar and pushrod suspension that is matched up with adjustable ride height.
The GT rolled on normal aluminum wheels, in contrast to the Mustang Shelby GT350R sitting nearby; that car has ultra-lightweight carbon-fiber wheels.
- Given how fanatical Ford is being about the GT's weight, you'd think these high-tech and mass-reducing rims would be on the GT, too. Ford tells us it is looking at the possibility.
- The 20-inch wheels are shod with Michelin Pilot Super Sport Cup 2 tires featuring a unique compound and structure designed specifically for the Ford GT. Multi-spoke wheels encircle carbon-ceramic brake discs at all four corners.
A digital gauge cluster is enlarged by a central color touch-screen display with Ford’s just-introduced Sync 3 infotainment setup, along with the slim center tunnel houses the starter button and transmission selector buttons. The classy interior design is making the 2017 Ford GT Specs aka Features more interesting for sure.
- A pair of paddle shifters sprouts from behind a squircle-shaped steering wheel, and the awesome door-mounted HVAC vents is adjusted perfectly.
- F1-style steering wheel integrates all necessary driver controls that creates a stalkless steering column that allows uncluttered access to the transmission paddle-shift controls.
- A fully digital and configurable instrument cluster provides a wealth of driver-focused data. The display is configurable for multiple driving environments and different driving modes.
Something Big is Awaiting .......
The 2017 Ford GT supercar is shaping up to become one of the rarest and most collectable Fords ever and it will come with a limited edition of just 250 a year! If you like this article on "2017 For GT Specs", then feel free to bookmark (CTRL+D) for future purposes.